Are you looking for a great way to boost your search engine optimization campaign (SEO) and organic search rankings on Google? Optimize your meta title tags. This is one of the most important parts of on page search engine optimization and one of the first things the search engines are looking at when crawling your website. It’s also the clickable heading that will be displayed on the search result pages.
With just a couple of small changes to your meta title tags, big gains can be achieved. Find below a couple of tips that can help you optimize your meta title tags for SEO.
Meta title optimization for SEO
- SEO is all about keywords and content. Start optimizing your meta titles by doing keyword research to find exactly the phrases your target audience is using to find services or products relevant to your business. Select one main keyword phrase you are going to use and a secondary one.
- Always start your meta title with the most important keyword you are targeting. The search engines places great weight on keywords found in the beginning of the meta title. The meta title signals the search engines what the page is about.
- Use your company or brand name at the end of the title. Start the meta title with your main keyword followed by your company or brand name. Separate it with the | symbol.
- Titles that are longer than 75 characters are cut off by Google. Optimize the titles so that they are shorter than 75 characters to make them readable for the users that are searching for anything related to your business.
- Always keep your meta titles unique and relevant on every page. Always avoid using the same meta titles throughout your website. Never optimize your meta titles so that they are written only for the search engines. Focus first on your visitors.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.