Using video in your online marketing campaign and website can increase the chances of your website visitors to stay on your website for longer because they will be interested to see more. Using interesting and catchy videos in your marketing strategy is a great way to target specific people because videos are easier to watch than reading.
More and more people are starting to watch videos online and the number keeps on growing. According to Alexa, YouTube is #3 on their rankings of the top 500 websites in the world. It is also the second biggest search engine next to Google. Not convinced yet? Here’s some statistics directly from YouTube:
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 53 countries and across 61 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up with their activity on the site
Even though the stats are pretty impressive, how can you leverage videos on your website to keep your visitors engaged? Find a couple of tips below.
Using videos on your website
About you: Create a video focused around your business services, products, and what you do. This video can be used to create a personal emotional connection with your viewers. Don’t just use pretty pictures and text on your videos. Give it a human personality and a face. This video can be used to establish trust with your business and showcase your story. What makes you different to your competition?
Your staff: With these videos about your staff, create mini profile videos that introduces the viewers about who your employees are.
Products: With product videos you can showcase your products and give a detailed explanation how to use your services and products to get the best results.
Help videos: Create tutorial videos to educate your viewers. Many people are using videos to get educated and there’s no better way of showing your viewers your expertise than through videos.
Testimonials: Testimonials are good, but it’s even better when they are video testimonials. Video shows emotion and people can see and hear their excitement.
Location: Create a video of your physical address so that your viewers can see that you are not a fly by night business and you are serious about your business.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.